Registration for the 2019-2020 public pre-kindergarten and kindergarten programs at Dearing Elementary School and Maxwell Elementary School will be February 11-15, 2019. Maxwell Elementary will have staff available to assist with registration between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM; Dearing Elementary will accept registrations between 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM. Parents are asked to come to the school assigned to their attendance zone during this time to submit the completed registration packets for their pre-kindergarten and/or kindergarten eligible children.
A completed registration packet includes:
- Child’s Social Security number/card
- Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
- Proof of Residency: The parent/guardian must provide proof of residency in McDuffie County. The property address given must be the actual location where the student and parent/guardian live full time. Proof of residency is required when a student registers for school and whenever a change of residency occurs. The principal or designee shall accept the following records as proof of residency:
- A lease or rental agreement consisting of written evidence that the agreement is valid and current, AND a current utility bill, such as gas, electric, or water (telephone/cable bills will not be acceptable). Records must include the name and street address of the parent/guardian.
- A property tax statement or home ownership title (property deed, warranty deed, quit-claim deed, or security deed), AND a current utility bill, such as gas, electric, or water (telephone/cable bills will not be acceptable). Records must include the name and street address of the parent/guardian.
- Affidavit of Residency – A parent/guardian who resides full time in McDuffie County but is unable to provide the records listed above may complete a McDuffie County Schools Affidavit of Residency AND provide a copy of his or her driver’s license and McDuffie County motor vehicle registration reflecting the McDuffie County address. The notarized affidavit shall be completed and signed by the parent/guardian, as well as the legal owner or lessor of the property where the student and parent reside. The affidavit will be in effect until the parent/guardian provides the required proof of residency, but no longer than the end of the current year.
- Immunization and health screening forms may be submitted at the time of enrollment or within 30 calendar days of enrollment. These forms may be obtained from your family physician, Ft. Gordon medical personnel, or the McDuffie County Health Department. The forms include:
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization, called GA Form 3231
- Georgia Certificate of Eye, Ear, Dental, & Nutrition Screening, called GA Form 3300
A lottery drawing for pre-kindergarten will be announced once the McDuffie County Board of Education is notified by Bright from the Start the number of funded classrooms for the 2019-2020 school year. Registering a child at multiple McDuffie County Schools pre-kindergarten sites will result in the student’s being disqualified from the lottery drawing and his/her name being returned automatically to the waiting list status.