Welcome to the Dearing Elementary School Media Center, where we turn readers into leaders. We operate on an open schedule and have students in and out all day long. It is exciting to see our students coming in to pick out a book to read. We are here everyday to serve students and staff in the most efficient way possible.
The mission of the Dearing Elementary School Library-Media center is to enhance and reinforce the curriculum, goals, and the philosophy of the school through the use of all forms of media. Developing the love of reading and the joy of learning is our ultimate goal as both a library-media center and a school.
Hours of Operation:
We are open for student checkout between 8:15 and 2:15 daily, and for teacher checkout from 7:00am until 3:15pm daily. Due to COVID restrictions, parents are required to call and schedule an appointment if and when necessary.
PK - one book per week
K & 1st - one book at a time
2nd & 3rd Grade - 2 books at a time
4th & 5th grade - 3 books at a time
P - Practice Safety
- Walk at all times when in the Media Center
- Stay in line as you drop off or check out your books
A - Act Responsibly
- Return your books when you are finished with them
- Treat library books as if they were you own
- Report and problems with your book
W - Work Towards Success
- Use a level 1 voice while in the Media Center
- Choose your new books quickly and quietly
- Use the shelf markers properly
S - Show Respect
- Clean up after yourself if you make a mess
- Always use your manners
- Help keep the shelves straight